What is RecView?RecView is a proposed platform to both automate the processes associated with reviewing of any type of content and the transformation and distribution of that review into knowledge.
Where did the idea for RecView come from?The idea came from identified user needs related to the "Dailies" process as found in the creation of motion picture animation.
- "Dailies" are meeting held (daily) within which the previous days work is reviewed
- All artists who's work is being reviewed are required to be present to directly experience director input
- Currently all the organisation, delivery of content and capture of dailies meeting proceedings is manual
- Current valuable verbal and visually contextual content is lost once the attendees leave the meeting
Submit for RecView
The above screen image shows an asset (in this case "Big Bad Bear") selected from an artist level user's worklist. This selected asset can be submitted for review. This would automatically place it in the next regularly occurring Daily for the current users team.
The above screen image shows contents of a Daily from the perspective of a Manager/Directer level user. From this screen the user can modify the assets to be reviewed and or "Launch" the Daily meeting.
RecView in record mode
- Recorder control - standard stop, start and pause
- Review control - allows ownership of the review to be changed to support ad hoc reviews by directors on walk arounds
- Content navigate - allows user to either step through assets within the daily or pick from drop-down list
- Webcam support - enables capture of directors facial expressions and body movements which are sometime key to understand changes recqured
- Content markup controls - controls would change depending on the nature of the content being reviewed (video/audio/still/text)
- Activity stream - FB style activity stream bound both to the Daily and individual assets
RecView in playback mode
- Note the icons above playback controls at the bottom of the left panel. Speech balloon icon represents the time a comment markup event is added and a pinned note an attachment.
- Note the tabset in bottom panel on the right hand side. The "Translated Text" tab provides the user with the ability to search across the audio to text transcript of the Daily.
Some cool RecView features
- Record stop/start/pause
- Ad hoc start-up and reviewer hand off
- Automation of review content
- Webcam with picture in picture
- Content mark-up
- Activity stream
- Audio to text indexing
Maybe RecView is universal?
On contemplation it would seem that RecView could be valuable where-ever content is reviewed as part of a design/development process, especially where teams are distributed. Same examples are listed below
- Garment design
- Account development
- Code development
- Idea development